Amersham War memorial was recently cleaned with the DOFF system by Inspire Conservation in time for the 11th November 2012. The Portland limestone monument benefited from the clean and any open joints filled with lime mortar and stone dust. Click on the links to watch our YouTube videos. This is what The town council had to say about Inspire Conservation: “We are very pleased with the work that Michael and his team at Inspire Conservation carried .
It’s war memorial season again and there have been several war memorials that have been worked on over the last month in time for the 11th November. Shenley Church End is one of the original villages that were incorporated into the new town of Milton Keynes. A lovely village with the church at the heart of the place, adjacent to the war memorial under the jurisdiction of the local parish council. The memorial required some low .
Inspire Conservation would like to share one of our main summer projects with you. It was at Magdalen College, Oxford and included selected stone repairs, extensive stone cleaning and lime washing of the cloister walls in a colour matched pigmented limewash. The college was founded in 1458, the cloisters being built in 1474 alongside the old library and other buildings. The buildings are highly decorated with bosses, grotesques and gargoyles and was executed under the mason William Orchard. Famous alumni include Oscar Wilde and C.S Lewis! .
For the last few months Inspire Conservation have been conserving and repairing a timber WWI memorial in the new workshop for an independent school in east London. The monument was salvaged from the church of St James the Less in the borough of Tower Hamlets in the second world war due to bomb damage and hastily fixed in the adjacent school building with nails and other DIY fixings. The fixings were makeshift and the whole timber monument .
The Radcliffe Centre in Church Street was built as a Congregational Chapel and completed in 1857 to the designs of Foster and Wood of Bristol. It was enlarged in 1879 by the addition of a Sunday School, being the extension to the right with the red tiled roof. It later became surplus to requirements and was bought by The University of Buckingham in 1982 and converted into a lecture and concert venue. Inspire Conservation .
I am proud to announce the opening of our on-line shop for stone conservation tools and materials. Stone Conservation Supplies is now live and ready for your custom, find us at www.stoneconservation.net/supplies and browse our expanding product lists. Our mission is to supply a unique range of materials and equipment, not found in one place anywhere else on the internet for stone conservators and other similar professionals. Our range is developing quickly so please visit us regularly .
The small church at Cold Overton in Leicestershire contains some important and rather rare mediaeval wall paintings. The parish council contacted Inspire Conservation to undertake a condition survey of the painted schemes and the surrounding substrates. The condition of the schemes are currently quite poor and there is growing fear of their further deterioration and complete loss. The schemes are a rare subject matter and composition, with only a few other similar examples in the UK. .
Inspire Conservation have had a busy few months on various projects since our last post and would like to share a few completed projects. Heath and Reach is an idyllic village on the old Roman A5 route to London. The Grange is on the old coach road and a former residence of important lawyers from the neighbouring town of Leighton Buzzard in the early 18th century. The property has been extended and the grounds .
The Lansdowne club, Mayfair – London, has recently received a façade clean and Inspire Conservation was subcontracted to complete the specialist stone mason elements. The Lansdowne Club is originally a 1763 Robert Adam design which has been later rebuilt and restored at various times and locations. In 1782 the Prime minister Lord Shelburne, acknowledged independence of the United States with Benjamin Franklin in the Round room, which is the only unaltered room in the .
Inspire Conservation have just completed unique statue conservation and stone masonry restoration repairs to the Australian Embassy in London. Our specialist services in statue conservation were employed following the stone façade cleaning earlier in the month. Victoria House was built in 1907 on the corner of an island site with the Strand, Aldwych and Melbourne place as the boundary. It was designed by Scottish architects A Marshall Mackenzie & Sons and built by Dove .